Originating in the USA, this roulette variant is the youngest one. Certain differences in its wheel structure give the gameplay some variety and creates an opportunity for the player to make additional bets.
In this section, you will find out the rules of playing American Roulette online and about the advantages of spinning the wheel in demo mode or for real money.
Understanding American Roulette Basics and Features
On the wheel of the American version, there are not 37 but 38 individual cells. These are the numbers 1-36, followed by two sectors of zero (“0” and “00”). Other types of roulette have only one zero on the wheel.
In this game, the gambler has access to more than twenty bets on various outcomes. As for payouts, they also differ depending on the stack.
- Red or black, even or odd, low or high. What is common in these all bets is the payout ratio, which is 1:1. Accordingly, the player guesses the colour, whether this number will be even or not, and whether the ball will stop in one of the sectors from 1 to 18 (low) or from 19 to 36 (high).
- Dozens. A similar indicator for payments is 2:1. The player is betting that the ball will land on the wheel sector 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36.
- Columns. Here the ratio is 2:1. The bet is placed on which of the three available sectors the ball will stop in.
- Straight up. This is a bet on any number that pays 35:1 if you win.
- Split. Payouts are made at a ratio of 17:1. Here the player bets on one of two numbers.
- Corner. In the case of a win, the ratio is 8:1. The player places chips on four different numbers.
House Edge Rate
In roulette, this indicator plays an extremely important role. For example, in American roulette, the house edge is typically 5.26%. And this is significantly higher compared to other options, where this figure ranges from 1.35% to 2.7%.
American Roulette Online Playing Mode: Free or Paid?
Beginning gamblers often wonder if there is any difference between the free and paid versions of American Roulette online. The answer is no. It is the same game, with the same rules and the same features available. But both modes have their advantages and disadvantages.
Playing free, the punter receives:
- The ability to enjoy the favourite game without the risk of financial loss.
- Access to exciting leisure activities without spending a dime.
- A chance to test systems, strategies and best expert tips.
- Possibility to compare this type of roulette with others available on the Internet.
- A chance to experiment with all possible bets.
Playing for money, the gambler gets:
- The real emotion and excitement of gambling for money.
- Access to tables with both the minimum and maximum stack sizes.
- More generous and frequent bonuses to spend on the game.
- A chance to experience all the delights of playing with real croupiers in real-time.
- If case of success, the player can spend the winnings on other entertainment in the online casino.
Wise Strategy Advice
Experienced players and experts in the world of gambling share these tips with our readers.
Do not forget about the house edge. Give preference not to internal but to external (inside/outside) bets.
Have some doubts, have not learned the rules and bets? Practice in demo mode a lot.
Do not believe in coincidences but watch them. Even if the same colour falls out 100 times in a row, there is no guarantee that it will fall out 101 times.
Experiment with different strategies and stacks. Learn about roulette strategies and try them all for free first.